6 CEU hours
Instructor – Robert Garza
ALL CLASSES 10am -4:30pm
Monday, February 12, 2018 Monday, February 26, 2018 Monday March 5, 2018 Monday, March 19, 2018 Monday, March 26, 2018 Monday, April 2, 2018 Monday, April 9, 2018 Monday, April 16, 2018 Monday, April 23, 2018 Monday April 30, 2018 Monday, May 7, 2018 Monday, May 14, 2018 Monday, May 21, 2018 Monday June 4, 2018 Monday June 11, 2018 Monday, June 18, 2018
This workshop will start off by answering/discussing the following questions
1. What is “Deep Tissue” massage? Is it just more pressure?
2. …Is it necessary?
3. What do clients mean when they ask me to go deeper?
4. How will it help my client?
An overview of the muscles and all related definitions will be discussed during the class.
All the information in this course comes from a background of Deep Tissue, Neuromuscular Therapy, Medical Massage, and Orthopedic Massage.
We will delve into:
– Asking the client the proper questions to find the location of their pain/problem.
– Extensive AROM and Resisted ROM “Muscle Testing” to find the actual muscle that’s causing the pain
– Muscle testing of the Rotator Cuff muscles, Deltoids, Biceps, Neck, Pectorals etc..
– Demo of working/opening Chest area first, and Subscapularis before going to back muscles,
– Discuss Power of Intention, Assessing/Palpation intelligence
– Using the Scale System 1-10
– Overview Deep Tissue and best way to access tissue.
– Overview understanding of Trigger Points and referral patterns
There will be Plenty of Hands on Work during This Class! ========================================== Cost: $125 $15 discount if registered 1 week in advance.
*Call for an added discount if you take both Beginners and Advanced DT/TP Workshops
To Register: Call Robert Garza 832- 356-0814. I will then send you an email Link where you can pay with Debit Card, Credit Card or PayPal
When payment is received you will be emailed Houston Location and other details. (most likely on Richmond close to Hillcroft)
Call Robert Garza 832 356-0814 anytime for more information. Please leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP.
*This Course Beginners DT/TP is a Prerequisite for: Advanced DT/TP and Trigger Point and Orthopedic Massage Part I and II